The Troy Rehabilitation and Improvement Program, Inc. (TRIP) is a well established non-profit providing an array of community development services throughout Rensselaer County with an emphasis in Troy. We are seeking a Controller to lead our accounting team.
The Controller will be responsible for:
- Providing accurate and timely financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP to the Board Treasurer, Executive Director and Finance Committee and Board Members. Prepare ad hoc reports as requested.
- Working with the Executive Director, Senior Staff and others as required to budget and track rental property acquisition, development, rehabilitation, repair and maintenance costs, both for the short and long term.
- Working with the Executive Director and Director of Property Management on all finance related issues related to the operation, improvement and maintenance of existing and potential TRIP properties.
- Working with the Executive Director and senior staff to prepare departmental and grant-associated budgets, and report on significant variances.
- Working with the Property Management division staff, funders and regulators to maximize the financial performance of each TRIP-controlled property, while ensuring proper accounting and controls are in place.
- Overseeing the work and performance of the accounting staff.
- The selection, coordination, reporting and administration of Human Resource/Benefits.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration AND five year's work experience with progressive responsibility in the field of financial management and the willingness and ability to learn a variety of financial management skills in several related fields.
Please include salary requirements with resume.
Please mail resumes to:
415 River Street
Troy, NY 12180
Attn: Human Resources
EOE - committed to diversity