2. Make a plan. Your contractor will review the results of the comprehensive home energy assessment with you, and then work with you to select cost-effective energy upgrades that match your budget and goals.
3. Paying for the work. If you don't have the cash on hand to make the improvements. NYSERDA offers low-interest loans and assisted subsidies to help you pay for work. You can now finance energy efficiency upgrades with low interest payments conveniently built into your existing utility bill. Offset your payments with the savings you earn!
4. Get approved. Receive loan status notifications and return the signed loan documents.
5. Upgrade. Have a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR contractor implement the upgrades described in your Scope of Work. NYSERDA may inspect the work to verify its quality.
6. Test-out-- and earn incentives. When your energy upgrades are finished, your contractor will repeat the tests conducted during the initial assessment. Upon test-out and acceptance of work you and your contractor will sign a Certificate of Completion, which is submitted to NYSERDA. Your lender will then make payment to your contractor. You can also enjoy other incentives like 10 percent cash back on eligible upgrades.
TRIP staff can help you choose which NYSERDA energy efficiency program is right for you and guide you through the process. Call us at (518) 690-0020 ext. 221.